Saturday, February 7, 2009

Corrections and Retractions

A couple of weeks ago--on the day Obama was inaugurated, in fact--I wrote of driving down Bagley Rd in suburban Cleveland, and seeing some guy--it may have been a girl, there was a snowstorm--standing on the side of the road dressed up like the Statue of Liberty and waiving a cardboard torch. At the time, I thought it was some nut--I mean that in the best, possible way. I voted for Obama, too-- celebrating the peaceful transfer of power. I thought wrong. It had nothing to do with the inauguration. It was actually an advertisement for a tax preparation service. "Liberty" is the company's name.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled earned home investment equity tax credits
Yearning to breathe free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.