Friday, July 17, 2026

Vital Viewing (Miracle Whipped Edition)

 


Oh, Gawd, there's ol' Sigmund again, trying to bore the hell out of us. Well, I'm not going to let him. You want wish fulfillment? I'll give you wish fulfillment:



If I remember the rest of the story correctly, the prince asks Cinderella to try on the slipper and that's how he knows she's the one he danced with the night before (you'd think he'd be able to tell just by looking at her face, but, who knows, he could have been boozing it up at that ball and so his memory's kind of fuzzy.) The both of them reportedly lived happily ever after. 

However, it's the unintended consequences of a wish fulfilled that we see in this next video:



To be on the safe side, make sure that fulfilled wish comes with a warranty.


Pat Oliphant 1935-2026

(Here's another post I did on Oliphant--Kirk)


16 comments:

  1. The animation was wonderful. And what memories of Cinderella in 1965. I can’t believe that was Leslie Ann Warren. Remember her character in Victor Victoria? Now that’s range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very underrated actress, Mitchell.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kirk, I love weird animation, but what was the monster supposed to be doing when he left the castle each day?
    --Jim
    p.s. I had thought you might do a post on Alan Greenspan, unless you did and somehow I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Jim, but Greenspan just doesn't get my interest up.

      Delete
  3. Excellent post, Kirk 🤭😀😬 I enjoy your wit.
    And I watched the cartoon. 🙃
    Bravo, Pat Oliphant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita, and thank you for taking notice of Oliphant.

      Delete
  4. Your dry humour is very entertaining, Kirk. Made me smile. Have a great weekend - David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirk, I like the cartoon! And I smiled at "Miracle whipped edition". Thank you for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched a movie last night called Obsession…it truly made me think about the old cliche “be careful what you wish for”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that movie, JM, but there's been a lot of
      stories along those lines, "The Monkey's Paw" being one well-known example.

      Delete
  7. Sorry I'm late to the party but this post didn't show up in my blog reader (*shakes fist at Blogger.com*). Pat Oliphant was one of my favourite cartoonists (a brilliant and perceptive caricaturist). In the last post you did on him, I got mixed up about whether he was dead. Now he is and I can safely say again -- RIP to one of the greats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize, Debra. Because of something else I've got going on offline this week, my online activity has been sporadic at best. I do recall you're thinking-he-was-dead comment on that original Pat Oliphant post, and that's actually made me reconsider just how comprehensive I want to make these posts on people who I admire or respect less they also get confused for obituaries (I've even made the obits themselves less comprehensive of late, so as to save some stuff for future posts.)

      Delete
  8. That hilarious jab about the prince needing a glass slipper because he was too boozed up at the royal ball to remember Cinderella's face is such a brilliant way to poke fun at classic fairy tale logic. It is hard not to chuckle at the warning that any wish fulfillment definitely needs a solid warranty to cover the chaotic, unintended consequences that usually tag along. Amidst all that sharp, witty commentary, that final mention marking the life of the legendary political cartoonist Pat Oliphant casts a deeply bittersweet and respectful shadow over the entire piece.

    ReplyDelete

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.