You can certainly tell who has money. Clothes like that must cost a fortune, and you would never actually wear them anywhere except at an awards show or a party. If I saw someone at the grocery store dressed like Cher in the second picture (and with that hairstyle), I'd assume she was from Alpha Centauri.
Andrew, if you're talking about that second picture, I'm thinking that's not her hair but some kind of (non-Native American) headdress, in which case it may indeed be part of the outfit. I think Cher probably asked for something outrageous, and she got it.
In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.
And, oh, what he did on the Carol Burnett show!
ReplyDeleteMitchell, is THIS what you're talking about?:
Deletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSV-fFE45Tc
I'm not sure Vicki Lawrence's Butterfly McQueen imitation would fly today, as hilariously on the mark though it may be.
One of my faves. And you’re so right about the viciously racist take.
DeleteThat was the night the lights went out in Georgia, Mitchell.
DeleteYou can certainly tell who has money. Clothes like that must cost a fortune, and you would never actually wear them anywhere except at an awards show or a party. If I saw someone at the grocery store dressed like Cher in the second picture (and with that hairstyle), I'd assume she was from Alpha Centauri.
ReplyDeleteInterestingly, Infidel, Cher turned down a chance to be on The X-Files, which she later regretted (she did let them use a few of her songs.)
DeleteIf my belly button was as smoothly ensconced as hers I’d show it off too!
ReplyDeleteHa! So would I, David.
DeleteAnother legend gone! He said he loved Cher because "she would wear anything."
ReplyDeleteDebra, Cher was wearing anything before wearing anything was cool.
DeleteTalented, as long as he wasn't her hair dresser.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, if you're talking about that second picture, I'm thinking that's not her hair but some kind of (non-Native American) headdress, in which case it may indeed be part of the outfit. I think Cher probably asked for something outrageous, and she got it.
DeleteI especially love the first photo. Thank you so much for sharing, Kirk. I hope you are having a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteSonny and Cher, a legendary pop duo.
ReplyDeleteCher sang also with Eros Ramazzotti, a song called Più Che Puoi (As Much As You can) Very nice 💚
Rita, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with (let me first copy and paste) Eros Ramazzotti and his duet with Cher. I'll have to seek it out.
DeleteMackie looks like he could be Pat Sajak's brother.
ReplyDeleteHa! I thought so too, Mike.
DeleteI remember my parents watching the Sonny and Cher show...And even then, I was enamoured by Cher.
ReplyDeleteSo was I, JM. My first queer heteronormative crush (or maybe my first heteronormative queer crush? It gets so confusing.)
Delete