Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Vital Viewing (What a Way to Make a Living Edition)

 

1946-2026

 Dolly Parton explains the above look and more to the last person you'd think would be interviewing Dolly Parton (but he's welcome to nonetheless), 60 Minutes' Morely Safer:



Yes, it's true, during her long career Dolly was never afraid to show a bit of...



Get it?

While I'm sure Dolly got a nice check for putting her name on that product, the in-some-ways secret of her success was her musical artistry, a musical artistry that ultimately transcended the self-professed silliness. Here are two of my favorite examples:





I'm not sure which is closer to the stratosphere, Dolly's wig or Porter Waggoner's pompadour.

Finally, though Dolly insisted she patterned her look after the town tramp, some in the LGBTQ community can be excused for wondering if she got her inspiration elsewhere:



She didn't seem to mind the comparison.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.