Monday, September 16, 2019

Diverse Voices

 Eddie Money 1949-2019


Ric Ocasek 1944-2019

They really didn't have all that much in common. One was a solo artist, the other a lead singer in a band. One was mainstream rock, the other new wave. One came across as a regular guy, the other eccentric. One showed emotion, the other hid behind dark glasses. One belted out a song, the other drolly warbled the lyrics. One was built like a jock, the other looked undernourished.

But that's all right. I don't need my rock stars, or any music stars, to be exactly, or even remotley, alike. All I ask is that they occasionally come up with a tune that's worth a listen. And these two gentlemen did just that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.