Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Springfield Pride


I know this is a few days past the Pride Month deadline, but it can't be helped. I found out today is actress Yeardley Smith's 55th birthday, began rooting around as I usually do to see if I could make a blog post out of it, and came across this picture of her at a Human Rights Campaign gala. If you don't know what the HRC is, it's a major LGBTQ advocacy group, though Smith herself is not an L or a G or a B or a T or a Q but instead a straight ally, which is always heartening. Outside of all that, who exactly is Yeardley Smith? Is she, like, a celebrity? Well, you may not recognize her name or her face, but you should be very familiar with her if you've been watching the Fox network on Sunday nights for the last three decades, for it's Smith who brings this character to life:


She was always the smart one in that family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.