Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sol Music


Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right 
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here



Here comes the sun


Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here


Here comes the sun


Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right


Sun, sun, sun, here it comes


Sun, sun, sun, here it comes


Sun, sun, sun, here it comes


Sun, sun, sun, here it comes





Sun, sun, sun, here it comes





Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear






Here comes the sun






Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right






Here comes the sun





 Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
It's all right






Throughout much of the United States, Daylight Savings Time begins today. Did you remember to set your clock ahead one hour?

Why, you may ask, am I getting so giddy about Daylight Savings Time, treating it as the end of winter, when the first day of spring is still a week and a half away? Well, here in Ohio at least, there's often no perceptible difference between the first day of spring and the day before the first day of spring. Or, if something does change, that change is often for the worse. I'm not saying it's going to happen this year, but in the past that first day has been cloudy, or rainy, or there's been a snowstorm, or the temperatures were in the teens. True, spring technically arrives because of something that has to due with Earth's orbit around the sun, but you'd have to live in a space station to appreciate it. Ah, but thanks to the human construct known as Daylight Savings Time, that change is immediately apparent. Spring, or at least one aspect of spring as well as summer, is put on the fast track. No matter what. Even if it's cloudy, even if it's rainy, even if there's a snowstorm, even if temperatures are in the teens, night is still going to come one hour later than it did just yesterday, and, after several months of dark-to-dusk-to-dark again, that, for me, is reason enough to celebrate.

Now, if you'll--yawn--excuse me, I'm going to take a little nap. For some reason, I didn't get enough sleep last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.