She was a beacon for the ages, a courageous pioneer. May her memory inspire many new crusaders for women’s rights.Once again they are under assault. Going backwards and revisiting injustice seems to be one of our greatest skills. I can’t help but think of the recent death of Charlie Kirk and now Gloria Steinem, two radical polarities, and I know which one I mourn. May her memory be a blessing for us all.
In order to keep the hucksters, humbugs, scoundrels, psychos, morons, and last but not least, artificial intelligentsia at bay, I have decided to turn on comment moderation. On the plus side, I've gotten rid of the word verification.
She was a beacon for the ages, a courageous pioneer. May her memory inspire many new crusaders for women’s rights.Once again they are under assault. Going backwards and revisiting injustice seems to be one of our greatest skills. I can’t help but think of the recent death of Charlie Kirk and now Gloria Steinem, two radical polarities, and I know which one I mourn. May her memory be a blessing for us all.
ReplyDeleteI mourn who you mourn, David, and just wish that other person had a different last name.
DeleteEvidently a wonderful feminist and busybody, I'll google more when I come from work. There was also a Helsinki connection (Finland). Interesting.
ReplyDeleteRita, while I don't know specifically about Helsinki, I do know Steinem was as well known in Europe as in the United States.
DeleteI’ve had to google her…wow
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad you googled, John?
DeleteThis is interesting! Thank you for sharing this, Kirk.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Linda.
ReplyDelete