Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Hannibal-Barbara Production


That Mark Twain was one helluva good writer, wasn't he? Just think of all those timeless characters he created. Tom Sawyer. Huckleberry Finn. Becky Thatcher. Hercules.

HERCULES?!?!



Those of you with keen eyes and long Saturday morning TV memories may have noticed the Banana Splits in the lower right-hand corner, the result of syndication and cable repackaging. Other than sharing the same pair of producers, however, the two shows had little to do with each other. In fact, The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was originally shown in 1968 on Sunday nights at 7:00. NBC canceled the series after one season, replacing it with Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.



In the end, Hercules was no match for Marlin Perkins.


6 comments:

  1. Take us to the gates of the underworld!

    Famous last words ...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Cerberus licks the three on the face towards the end, notacynic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I remember this! Whats next witchipoo? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of doing something on Pufnstuf, Patricia, but I'm afraid I'd give everyone the munchies.

      Delete
  4. Goodness, I think I remember this. I hope I saw it in reruns but I am old so who really knows.
    In answer to your question. about the last Square Dog photo.
    I have "Line" on my phone. I signed up with my Japanese family. All the students use this to text and talk with their friend for free, All my son's students from junior high to university use it.
    I can talk to my Japanese family and text (line) them all the time no limits.
    What makes this fun is you purchase extras, like fun stickers for your Line messages. Or as you see on the photo all these very fun filters for the photos you send. There are also games to purchase. I am sure this is how they make money.
    I have the Japanese "Line" but they now have an American one. You just have your family and friend sign up. No cost.
    This is great for me as I call talk, message, send videos and have video chats all for free. I just saw my Granddaughter open her birthday gifts on her big day. They have a ton of apps (?) that any person could want.
    I used the filters on The Square Dog photo.

    cheers, parsnip




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the explanation, parsnip.

      Delete